The preferred method for emailing the students in your courses is to use Canvas or BuzzPort using the instructions below.
Alternately, class email lists for a section can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
See the OIT’s Canvas Self Help: Email Your Students page for details.
Add TA to Canvas Site
See the OIT’s Canvas Add TAs to my Course page for details.
You can also email your students or selected students in your courses through BuzzPort. As with T-Square, course groups are automatically created each semester and membership is based on enrollment.
Information is available on BuzzPort’s Help page for E-mailing a Class (or selected members).
- After you login to BuzzPort, select the Faculty tab.
- In the “My Courses” channel, select the course for which you would like to contact the students.
- In the “Course Tools” on the left side, select “E-mail”.
- On this page, you will see the list of all students enrolled in the course, so check the boxes next to the students you would like to email. If you want to send an email to everyone, click the box next to “Member Name” at the top of the list or the box next to “Select All” at the bottom of the list.
- After you have selected the students to send email to, click the Send E-mail button
- A new window to your My GaTech email account will open where you can type your message.
- When you are done, click the Send button at the bottom of that page to send the message.
Last revised January 16, 2019.