Georgia Tech has a streaming service available called MediaSpace built on the Kaltura platform.
How to login to MediaSpace
- Go to the MediaSpace website
- On the right side, click the Guest menu and select Login
- Authenticate with the GT login page, if necessary
- Then Guest will be replaced with your name
How to upload videos
- Click the button “+ Add New” next to your name near the top right corner and select Media Upload.
- Click the “+ Choose a file to upload” button to select a video to upload
- If the video is in a supported format, then the video will upload and automatically be converted to an appropriate version for the server, and it will automatically be tagged and captioned
How to share a video
- Once your video has completed uploading, scroll down and fill in any necessary information on the video. Note that you have the ability to upload multiple videos at a time, so there are multiple sections on the upload page for multiple videos. Make sure you are editing the information for the appropriate video.
- By default, the video is selected to be Private, so select one of the other options if necessary
- Click the Save button
- After you see the “Your changes have been saved” message, click the button for Go To Media
- Under the video, click the Share button, select a method to share: Link to Media Page, Embed, oEmbed or Email.
How to edit video captions
- Select the video for which you would like to edit the captions
- Under “Actions”, select “Edit Captions”
- Click the link for “Refresh list: CLICK HERE to see all Caption Requests for this media”
- Now you should see the table that lists the details of the caption request
- Click the link that says “COMPLETE” under “Status”
- In here, you will be able to change the captions. You will be able to Save your progress to continue at another time.
- When you are done, click the Approve button to have the new captions saved for the video.